Thursday, April 14, 2011

Funny thing about Dreams

The I wish kind of dreams or I'd like to have... kind of dreams is that once it's a reality it loses it's flavor. It become a.. I am thankful for..

The best dreams are ones that are possible but not realized. The I wish I could fly dream has no possibility so it stops shortly after we first think it. Dreams that are possible are fabulous if they are not quickly gratified because you can spend a large amount of time detailing every aspect of it's greatness! Designing, redesigning and walking through it in your mind. The mind is a fanciful thing, the thought is generally exponentially greater than the object. Even if the object is all it's cracked up to be when the dream becomes reality we are left with a void where that dream used to sleep. We then develop another dream to take it's place.

A dream I have had since I was a kid was to have pink Barbie Jeep, I never got one but we have been pondering buying one for out girls. They are crazy expensive and we like my parents have been afraid that they would never ride their bikes again, become sedentary, and be unhealthy all because of one purchase.

Nonetheless I still want one... I long to ride around in it with my hair blowing in the wind I even lost enough weight to abide by the no more that 110 pound limit stated on the box. Now that I'm here I understand that 5 miles per hour will not produce the desired thrill seeking adventure that it would have when I was 5 but it will for my kids and that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment